If Scotland v Qatar was a World Cup ’22 match, 62 workers would have lost their lives to stage it – that’s how many will die for each game played in the tournament.
Are you going to be in Edinburgh on Friday evening? Know anyone who will be? We need people who care about the exploitation being suffered by migrant workers in Qatar to help us protest at the inaugural ‘Qatar Airways Cup’ taking place at Easter Road. Enjoy the game, but make your voice heard!
You can help in a number of ways – we’d love your help with everything but if you can only join us for one or two actions we’ll still adore you! Meet ups and activities are:
- 4.00 pm – meet at the Artisan Bar, 35-36 London Road, Abbeyhill, EH7 5BQ
- between 4.00 and 5.00 – leafleting bars, cafes, restaurants close to the ground – London Rd, Easter Rd, Leith Walk, Duke St etc
- 5.00 – 5.30 – meet at Leith Dockers’ Club, 17 Academy Street, EH6 7EE for “Playfair Qatar”photo opportunity (campaign signs will be available)
- 7.00 – leafleting outside West stand
- 7.45 – the Dockers’ Club will be screening the game for anyone not attending – at the very least, it will give you a chance to look out for any Playfair Qatar signs that make it into the stadium!